Subject: Re: Is Raith going to be up tomorrow morning?
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 19:17:41 -0700
Tue, 29 Apr 2008 19:17:41 -0700
Hello Kyeongran and Raith Community:

Late today I remounted the ceramic ball and the top plate of the P3
Piezo mount to the piezo post after allowing the epoxy adhesive
attaching the ball to cure in atmosphere overnight.
Upon staring the system pump down I ran into unexpected problems with
the turbo pump(TP) and/or its vacuum controller when it did not reach
proper speeds before a timeout tripped in the controller stopped the
pump down sequence
.
I will need to open and remount the two ports that I have opened to
effect repairs to the piezo mount.  I will resume this work tomorrow.
Hoping to have the system available to users tomorrow evening...

My apologizes for the interruption to your research plans,

James Conway
SNF Ebeam Lab