Subject: RAITH Status Thursday May 1, 2008 17:30 hours -- System available to users -- yellow light on coral -- We are allowing coral schedule to slide back 1 hour this evening.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 17:34:35 -0700

Good Afternoon Raith Users:

I have the X-Y stage working again with a new Post 3 ceramic ball mounted.
I spent much of the morning and much of the afternoon testing the Load Lock Exchange Positions and all the settings and travel limits for the LL procedure including the Z positions.

We are currently  allowing Users back onto the system so they can get started with their exposures again but with the caveat that I have not performed any stage leveling measurements on any of the sample holders. Users are encourages to carefully perform the stage leveling routine on either of the sample holders and to report the measurements they collect for WD during the stage leveling routine. (just examine REMCON)

To be completed is a careful analysis of the Piezo post heights and levelness of each sample holder before making further changes to the Piezo post heights and subsequently performing mechanical adjustments to the sample holders. Users are requested to send me their stage height measurements and to report anything unusual in your sessions.

To catch up to the current coral queue all users are going to need to be flexible and work closely with the Users before and after you working on  the system.
We are allowing coral schedule to slide back 1 hour this evening.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway