Subject: Re: Problem with RAITH computer
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 14:15:23 -0700
Mon, 12 May 2008 14:15:23 -0700
1. RE: Access violation @ address 04e53B17 module "EEMGDSII.dll" read
address 00000C08. --

This error appears as a window memory array addressing issue when the
RAITH application attempts to write to a restricted area of memory
reserved by windowns XP.  Normally this is trivial and does not affect
the application to th epoint of crashing it.

2. RE: Image acquisition issues:
Generally when you run into image acquisition issues they can resolved
by gracefully exiting and shutting down then after 10 seconds restarting
the windows XP OS.

Other Users:  it would be helpful to me to track these events if you
record these errors encountered in RAITH operations notebook number 4.

Have a nice day!

James

Arash Hazeghi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This evening I had several issues with RAITH150 computer, first RAITH
> was not able to acquire a scan image while SEM image was perfect, I
> tried single and continuous scan but nothing would show up in the
> image window. Based on advice from James I did a hardware reset on
> both RAITH and LEO and then I was able to acquire image. However when
> I was copying my patterns to the PL,  RAITH application crashed and I
> had to kill it, I am attaching two screen shots. I finished my session
> since I didn't have time to refocus the beam etc. after killing the
> RAITH150 application the following error popped up:  Access violation
> @ address 04e53B17 module "EEMGDSII.dll" read address 00000C08.
>
> Do you have an idea what could have caused the problem? my patters are
> very simple small lines.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Arash

> Arash Hazeghi
>

> PhD Candidate
>
> Stanford Center for Integrated Systems
>
> CIS-X 300, 420 Via Palou Mall,
>
> Stanford, CA 94305
>

> phone: +1-650-725-0418
>
> web: http://www.stanford.edu/~ahazeghi

["multipart/related" not shown]
1. RE: Access violation @ address 04e53B17 module “EEMGDSII.dll” read address 00000C08. --

This error appears as a window memory array addressing issue when the RAITH application attempts to write to a restricted area of memory reserved by windowns XP.  Normally this is trivial and does not affect the application to th epoint of crashing it.

2. RE: Image acquisition issues:
Generally when you run into image acquisition issues they can resolved by gracefully exiting and shutting down then after 10 seconds restarting the windows XP OS.

Other Users:  it would be helpful to me to track these events if you record these errors encountered in RAITH operations notebook number 4.

Have a nice day!

James

Arash Hazeghi wrote:

Hi,

This evening I had several issues with RAITH150 computer, first RAITH was not able to acquire a scan image while SEM image was perfect, I tried single and continuous scan but nothing would show up in the image window. Based on advice from James I did a hardware reset on both RAITH and LEO and then I was able to acquire image. However when I was copying my patterns to the PL,  RAITH application crashed and I had to kill it, I am attaching two screen shots. I finished my session since I didn’t have time to refocus the beam etc. after killing the RAITH150 application the following error popped up:  Access violation @ address 04e53B17 module “EEMGDSII.dll” read address 00000C08.

Do you have an idea what could have caused the problem? my patters are very simple small lines.

Thanks,

Arash

Arash Hazeghi

PhD Candidate