Subject: Re: [Fwd: Comment raith SNF 2008-05-13 18:14:46: x y Laser stage motor issues surfacing]
From: "Xinran Wang" <xinranw@stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 18:36:28 -0800

["multipart/related" not shown] Tue, 13 May 2008 18:36:28 -0800

From: "Xinran Wang" <xinranw@stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 18:36:28 -0800
Tue, 13 May 2008 18:36:28 -0800
Hi James,

Actually after hitting the retry button for ~20times I was able to finish
the loading procedure. So I tried to do the exposure as normal, but I found
that if I want to move the stage in a relatively large distance, eg. from a
clip to farady cup on sample holder, the stage some times stopped in the
middle and there is an error message with virtual motor control. So I
decided to unload my sample. During the way out, the same error in loading
procedure appeared a couple of times ("it's not possible to reach the upper
exchange position. X: -6.700") but after I hit retry the stage is now out.
I also noticed that on the raith hardware module the "frequency locked"
light is flashing rather than on steady. I'm not sure what caused this.

Hope this information is useful for tomorrow trouble shooting.

Best,
Xinran

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 5:29 PM, James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu> wrote:

>  Greetings Users:
>
> The system just came down with problems in the Laser stage virtual motor
> control software or possibly a real hardware issue with the X-Y Laser stage
> assemblies.
> Xinran W. could not complete his Load Lock Procedure and currently his
> sample and the transfer arm are inside the system chamber.
>
>    System is down for users overnight while I figure out the best approach
> to resolve this problem. I also just email Raith USA Inc.
>
> So have a nice quiet evening,
>
> James
>

> -------- Original Message --------  Subject: Comment raith SNF 2008-05-13
> 18:14:46: x y Laser stage motor issues surfacing  Date: Tue, 13 May 2008
> 18:14:47 -0700  From: jwc@snf.stanford.edu  To: raith-pcs@snf.stanford.edu
>
> today during my test session I encountered several x motor SW flags which indicate
a possible motion or SW control problem.
>  This may or may not be related to the lost ceramic ball inside the stage rack.  Hopefully
it is sitting on the system chamber floor...

> monitoring overnight ...
> James

Hi James,

Actually after hitting the retry button for ~20times I was able to finish the loading procedure. So I tried to do the exposure as normal, but I found that if I want to move the stage in a relatively large distance, eg. from a clip to farady cup on sample holder, the stage some times stopped in the middle and there is an error message with virtual motor control. So I decided to unload my sample. During the way out, the same error in loading procedure appeared a couple of times ("it's not possible to reach the upper exchange position. X: -6.700") but after I hit retry the stage is now out.
I also noticed that on the raith hardware module the "frequency locked" light is flashing rather than on steady. I'm not sure what caused this.

Hope this information is useful for tomorrow trouble shooting.

Best,
Xinran

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 5:29 PM, James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu> wrote:
Greetings Users:

The system just came down with problems in the Laser stage virtual motor control software or possibly a real hardware issue with the X-Y Laser stage assemblies.
Xinran W. could not complete his Load Lock Procedure and currently his sample and the transfer arm are inside the system chamber.

   System is down for users overnight while I figure out the best approach to resolve this problem. I also just email Raith USA Inc.

So have a nice quiet evening,

James

today during my test session I encountered several x motor SW flags which indicate a possible motion or SW control problem.
 This may or may not be related to the lost ceramic ball inside the stage rack.  Hopefully it is sitting on the system chamber floor...

monitoring overnight ...
James

["image/gif" not shown]