Subject: Re: Minor problems this morning
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 18:29:51 -0700
Mon, 19 May 2008 18:29:51 -0700
Hello Dany-Sebastian and Raith Users:

So it seems that we have seen this problem several times over the
weekend as I received two calls SAT and one this afternoon on  thread No
2, below.

If you don't have cameras or detectors then it is a module called L-REM
that didn't register on the server properly OR its' instruction set
became corrupted upon the read operation.
Gracefully exit out of both the LEO column control and Windows XP OS
applications gracefully selecting 'shutdown'. Upon rebooting the
computer it should be OK!

NO 2 is a loss of the IEEE-488 communications buss to the Piezo support
post in the Laser Interferometer Stage and it too will be resolved by
shutting down the RAITH PC and rebooting.

Remember on both of these computers to [SHUTDOWN] and not [RESTART} as
it needs the 0 volt signal to reinit the communications across several
buss for everything to work properly.

All the Best,

James Conway