Subject: RE: Semhitachi dropped samples and minor problems and issues use the CORAL {Make Comments} utility.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 09:45:48 -0700

Ebeam Lab Users on SEMHITACHI -- S4160 -- EBEAM -- RAITH:

This is a good example of when to use the [make comment] utility within
CORAL so users are aware of the dropped sample.
Remember sometimes a dropped sample can fall into the Y goniometer
sliders blocking simple translation to the exchange position.

On EBEAM a dropped sample, particularly into the main chamber is much
more of a problem -- please report immediately!

Thank you for your support!

James Conway

>> A dropped specimen is NO reason to shutdown the SEM! Not even to
'Condition Yellow".
>>This needlessly makes our 'uptime' specs look bad, it keeps users from
running the machine when it's perfectly capable of running. Just a note
to me will suffice!