Subject: Significant changes to LEO configurations were made in the upgrade all users see JWC...
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 09:23:47 -0700
Thu, 09 Oct 2003 09:23:47 -0700

Greetings RAITH Users:

We now have a brand new and somewhat better LEO PC running WIN NT 2000
Professional.  This hardware has full USB capability and we also have
installed a CD-RW on this computer.  Please DO NOT load any software on
this system with out approval -- the LEO system is somewhat sensitive to
this as we have experienced in the past.

We have upgraded the LEO column software to the new version  4.000.03.
Significant changes to LEO configurations were made in the upgrade by
LEO which will hose your old configurations.
Changes made to the old directory structure were not acceptable to the
new software so I must manually change these back to the new defaults in
order to maintain your logins.  Some of these changes are made at the
administrator level and others need to be done with in the users
preferences area of your login.
Also the primary configurations for the SEM settings were returned to
LEO defaults and not to the RAITH settings you must have for the system
to work properly.
Finally after all these changes we must merge the standard macro
libraries to your users files, again in a specific sequence for it to
work properly.  It took me much of the day yesterday to identify and
test a method to get all this to work within the macro libraries.

I have done the admin. level changes for users with login names starting
with letters A - H as of last night 9 PM, and will continue with these
through the week. (56 users!)

Please see me before your next session so we can make the changes within
your login shells and test these items together.
[..preferably when I am working on the systems and not writing of
course...]
I will post the user preferences defaults on the system and in the FAQ
book as they get finalized.

If you run into problems call me at 415-412-4825 I have established
several test and temporary logins which can get you through this until I
can fix your login should you not get to me before your session.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway