Subject: RAITH 150 System recovering after Power failure -- System will be up for Users after 6 PM
From: "James Conway" <toecutter4ranger@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 16:21:09 -0700
Mon, 18 Aug 2008 16:21:09 -0700
Good Afternoon,

At approximately 11:30 AM today the main power failed to the CIS building
and SNF.  The Raith system shut down to stand by mode successfully and DID
NOT vent the chamber or Gun section to atmosphere.
:-)

Power was restored at 14:15 and we are now pumping down the system and
bringing the FE Gun back up and on line.

It is expected to take about two more hours to reach normal vacuum and
stable emission values so we will resume the User queue at 6 PM today (1800
hours)

Beam Current levels may be somewhat lower than expected for several days
until the FE-Gun stabilizes and runs itself back up into normal emission
levels.

Please call me if you run into any problems this evening.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway