Subject: RAITH status Tuesday December 2, 2008 Off line to Users overnight through tomorrow afternoon.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 17:31:59 -0800
Tue, 02 Dec 2008 17:31:59 -0800

*Greeting Raith Users,*

We have found that the NESLAB recirculating pump is fine but there was
some clog or restriction in the cooling loop through the RAITH system.

We are currently running pure distilled 50 grain vinegar through the
cooling loop in an attempt to reduce, or remove, the offending object
from the cooling loop lines.  Improved flow has already been observed.

We will flush out the system and start to bring the FE-GUN up and on
line tomorrow morning with hopes of returning the tool to Users by late
afternoon
*
Stay tuned* for further updates on status about lunchtime tomorrow.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway

["multipart/related" not shown]

Greeting Raith Users,

We have found that the NESLAB recirculating pump is fine but there was some clog or restriction in the cooling loop through the RAITH system.

We are currently running pure distilled 50 grain vinegar through the cooling loop in an attempt to reduce, or remove, the offending object from the cooling loop lines.  Improved flow has already been observed.

We will flush out the system and start to bring the FE-GUN up and on line tomorrow morning with hopes of returning the tool to Users by late afternoon

Stay tuned
for further updates on status about lunchtime tomorrow.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway

["image/jpeg" not shown]