Subject: README! Policy Change now in effect!
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:45:32 -0700
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:45:32 -0700

All Ebeam Tools Users:

There have been more than a large number of cancellations on the ebeam
systems this week.  This behavior is preventing both SNF staff and new
users and students waiting for system access to get their work done.

Users are requested to only reserve the time they will actually need the
system.
If you will not be using your reservation you should remove your
reservation as soon as you realize you will not be using the system.  I
would normally expect this to occur by the morning of the reservation,
and not at the time of the reservation.
If you are finished early -- great!  Post immediately to the list and
let others know you are finished early.
Please also cc the next user in line on Coral.

EBEAM: Users are not to reserve time on the systems until their patterns
are on the system, tested,  and they have wafers prepared and ready to
write.

HENCEFORTH the excuse "My wafers are not ready..." will not be
acceptable .
You must provide a reason for the cancellation.

I expect that you will provide a reason for your cancellations,
particularly if this is due to a dependence in the lab such as a system
you needed before EBL was not available.  This will aid us in
identifying what bottlenecks at SNF that need to be addressed.  This
will also allow us to continue to service more users and increase
throughput on the system.

Your cooperation is requested to improve the current situation.

Thank you,

James Conway