Subject: Re: raith gun alignment problems aligning gun apertures -- resolved
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 11:33:08 -0700
Thu, 09 Jul 2009 11:33:08 -0700
Hello Raith Users:

Over the course of the last three days we have had three or more user
reports of having run into this problem.

This is likely due to a problem in communication or corruption of the
L-REM module which is firmware on the LEO SEM side of the platform.

Simply shutting down the PC and restarting the system and launching the
LEO application anew resolved this problem. Users whom had simply closed
and relaunched the application and/or simply logged out and 'restarted'
the Windows 2000 OS were not able to resolve the problem.

REMEMBER THAT ON EITHER SIDE OF THE RAITH PLATFORM'S COMPUTERS _ALWAYS
SELECT SHUTDOWN _AND NOT RESTART.
THIS IS TO CORRECTLY REINITIALIZE THE HARDWARE AND COMMUNICATION
INTERFACES S AND REREAD THE FIRMWARE THAT CONTROLS THE HARDWARE ON THE
SYSTEM.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway

Yao-Te Cheng wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> I couldn't get a good alignment to the aperture 30um, 10um and 7.5um with 20KV Ebeam
this morning. I used to meet this problem before. Everything would be fine after I restarted
the computer, but it didn't work this morning. I decided to quit my session. Could you
please check the gun alignment with 20KV if you have time? Thank you.