Subject: Re: little latex spheres
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 18:37:52 -0800

["multipart/related" not shown] Thu, 13 Nov 2003 18:37:52 -0800

From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 18:37:52 -0800

Greetings,

I have a set of three different sizes of latex spheres on order from Ted Pella.  The REQ went out last Wednesday and the order was placed Thursday. Items was in stock when I called and I have not yet received them.  I had expected them to arrive this week -- it was a priority urgent order.

Do any users on the RAITH  list have any small quantities of spheres or nano sized metal particles in a colloid form available?  Please feel free to rinse clean and dry  the agar bottle we have in the lab and add 10 or 15 drops of material and that will get us through until the order is received.  Please relabel the bottle with size, material, and the solvent system used if you know it.

See me during my office hour if you need help, I have other materials than latex spheres that may be useful.

I will check with David Cala in receiving in the morning on the order status.

Thank you,

James Conway

PS.  That bottle has lasted me for years and I was surprised at the rate of use since I donated it to the lab(s)...

"Scott D. Andrews" wrote:

Hi James,

As I'm sure you are well aware, the smallest spheres for the Raith are
getting very scarce.  We have been focusing for a long time this morning
and it is very hard since we can't find any small spheres.  Is there any
chance you could either provide us with more or tell me where to buy them?
I feel that we are wasting a lot of Raith time trying to focus, which is
bad for all the users.

Thanks,
Scott

Thu, 13 Nov 2003 18:37:52 -0800

From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 18:37:52 -0800

["image/gif" not shown] Thu, 13 Nov 2003 18:37:52 -0800