Subject: RAITH system off line to Users Monday 10 - 5 PM for repairs to the load lock to main chamber High vacuum valve.
From: James Conway <toecutter4ranger@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 12:24:45 -0700
Fri, 21 Aug 2009 12:24:45 -0700
Greetings:
This week I have been working  in earnest  on the RAITH 150 system to
recover from the poor state the system was rendered in during my absence
last week.  The Load Lock valve was damaged when a User(s) attempted to
close the high vacuum valve manually by inserting the pressure lines
together, or by clicking YES on the warning message, ' is it OK to close the
High vacuum valve?"  (It was not....)

This resulted in damage to the sealing surfaces of the high vacuum valve
seat resulting in higher than normal SYSTEM Chamber and GUN Chamber vacuum
levels. This is of great concern as contamination to the gun section could
bring us down hard resulting in a need for a total column re-buiild  with
replacement of apertures, anode plate, and liner tube in the column. I have
ordered the parts through Raith USA Inc. and the only day I can schedule
them here on site next week will be Monday.

Therefore the RAITH system will not be available to Users from 10 AM until
after 5 PM on next Monday August 24, 2009.
 Users affected by this downtime are requested to see me during my office
hours to gain assistance at rescheduling.

Thank you for your support!

James