Subject: Re: PMMA thickness
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 14:37:06 -0700
Thu, 17 Sep 2009 14:37:06 -0700
Great Question!  Soon to be a *F*requently *A*sked *Q*uestion on our
resist processing pages on the new website:

Spin PMMA on Cr, Si, and GaAs substrates and you should have the same thickness.  Spin
PMMA on very thick plates of Glass and normal thickness on Quartz you may have a a slightly
thicker coating. approx. d = 106 - 110 nm instead of the specified 100 nm.

PMMA sticks to nearly everything with excellent adhesion, even on Egg Shells if you
can believe it!

I often measure my PMMA thickness on substrates other than Silicon by using the Tencor
P1 profilometer into my focus and write field alignment box areas or on the dose test
area of the demo.csf test pattern.

Hope this helps?

James Conway

Carter Lin wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> I want to ask you whether the PMMA film thickness will be the same for
> different substrates. In particular, I spin it on Cr, Si, and GaAs,
> since I can only measure its thickness on Si, I wonder whether it is
> okay to assume its thickness is the same for GaAs and Cr. Does PMMA
> have the same adhesion for all these substrates?
>
> Thank you
> Carter

["multipart/related" not shown]

Carter Lin wrote:
Hi James,

I want to ask you whether the PMMA film thickness will be the same for
different substrates. In particular, I spin it on Cr, Si, and GaAs,
since I can only measure its thickness on Si, I wonder whether it is
okay to assume its thickness is the same for GaAs and Cr. Does PMMA
have the same adhesion for all these substrates?

Thank you
Carter

["image/jpeg" not shown]