Subject: Re: Please be careful in your coral scheduling -- much loss in time and opportunity due to recent NO SHOW sessions.
From: "James W. Conway" <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 15:37:33 -0800

Hello Soogine and Byoungil,

Your request is certainly not an unique case, but I am still uncomfortable with this unless it is announced to the list in an email to the raith list with each reservation made, that you are both working in a collaborative effort.  It is understood between us that this is not a specific attempt to reduce charges by one user reaching the capped level and another user not running up charges and/or exceeding the ten hours total time for reservations for each user within any event horizon period.(10 days)  Just please keep these reservation exchanges completely above board and in plain view for the Raith Community.

So to completely eliminate any appearance of favoritism to your group versus other groups collaboratively working on the system in similar states to yours, I have CC' the raith list and now open this thread for discussion and to obtain the consensus opinions of all qualified Users currently working on the RAITH tool.
So Raith Community this is your chance to chime in, or suggest we debate this item in the next Ebeam Town Hall Meeting in January.

Thank you for your support!

James

Soogine Chong wrote:
Hi James,

Regarding the rule that only the person who made the reservation can use the tool - Byoungil and I are working together and running the same process.  We divided the work, so that he does most of the e-beam, while I do most of the other part of processing - i.e. he does two people's worth of e-beam, and I do two people's worth of other processing.  In this case, could you make an exception and allow me to make reservations for him?  This is what I have been doing so far, if you saw many cases where I made the reservation (sgchong), and Byoungil (bilee) was using the tool.

Thanks,
Soogine.