Subject: raith status 18:17 hours WED. -- SYSTEM WILL REMAIN OFF LINE FOR USERS THROUGH 18:00 TOMORROW AT EARLIEST
From: James Conway <jwconway@stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 18:27:56 -0800 (PST)
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 18:27:56 -0800 (PST)
Dear RAITH Community:

We completed all the work we had expected overnight last night; however in testing of
the Laser Interferometer Stage we identified a new problem with Stage control for the
X motor that we have not seem before. Understand that these systems are complex electro-mechanical
systems and firmware interfaces; at times can be very sensitive to adjustments, modifications,
and during of times of test often simply fail the initial testing.

We are sparing no resources in our efforts to bring this system back up and through
qualification for User access. I again now hope that I can complete qualifications tomorrow
afternoon and hand off the tool to RAITH Champions for testing from 18:00 tomorrow onwards.

My apologizes for the interruption to your research.

Thank you for your support!

JWC