Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: Raith Group XL- (the 40th Class!) Four Day Short Course for Basic RAITH 150 Users Tuesday to Friday January 19 -22, 2010 10 AM to 6 PM plus one additional session.
From: "James W. Conway" <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 18:28:42 -0800

Greetings RAITH Group XL:

If you are listed in the To: section of this email you are confirmed to be in RAITH Group
XL; the 40th RAITH 150 class I have taught!

If
you are listed in the CC: section of this email I am still in need of further information from you, and to confirm you have completed the prerequisites for attending this class. Alternatively I hope to add you in the next Raith class, if you cannot attend these sessions.
Due to the down time we have just experienced on the tool; and that many of this group does not have significant SEM working skills, I have made several modifications to my original plan.

We will start next Tuesday afternoon staring at 2 PM until 6 PM with a review of scanning electron microscope operations on the RAITH tool including the Demo Layer One demonstration in the Ebeam Lab. Wednesday to Friday and one additional session the following week will be entirely hands on.

Any RAITH User wishing to attend any session are welcome if you desire a review of operations on the RAITH 150 system during any part of the class.

If you are listed in the To: section of this email:
This is your reminder and confirmation of your commitment for attending the RAITH Group XL Training course.

You must have completed the prerequisite ALL LITHO and SEM training in order to attend as a participant. Otherwise you may attend as an Observer.
You are expected to attend all sessions in order to gain the experience and skills you will need to qualify on the RAITH 150 system.

Please review the RAITH training PowerPoint slides that I have provided or can provide you.  They are also on the desktop of the RAITH off-line computer in the center of the Ebeam Lab. The folder is called RAITH TRAINING V4.

Users are also encouraged to attend the "Take a Spin with Me" class covering Ebeam Resist handling procedures. I am holding this class
next on Tuesday January 26th from 10:15 - 12:30 PM.

Thank you for your interest in Electron Beam Technologies at the Stanford Nanofabrication Facility,

James Conway
Ebeam Technology Group
650-725-7075
cell 415-412-4825

RAITH Basic Users Class Schedule:

*The Plan of Action:
*We will start out with a quick review of SEM operations Tuesday afternoon,
quickly moving into entirely 'hands on' operations training sessions through the remainder of the week.
We will break for lunch at various times, normally while the system is writing, so plan to be flexible with your other outside commitments.
You should start working on your GDS II patterns and preparing PMMA on your substrates if you wish to write on your material.
Please bring your GDS II patterns, or simply your designs to the 'Hands-On' sessions.*
*

* Schedule:*
Tuesday January 19th, 2010:
14:00 - 18:00  Session 2:  RAITH SEM and Exposure Demonstration - Layer One in the Ebeam Lab.

Wednesday January 20th, 2010::
10:00 - 12:30 Session 3:  Hands On training session One -- Layer Two: OVERLAY Layer 1 to Layer 2 registration
14:00 - 18:00 Session 4:   Hands On training session Two

Thursday January 21st, 2010:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 5: Hands On training session Three
14:00 - 18:00 Session 6: Hands On training session Four

Friday
January 22nd, 2010:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 7: Hands On training session Five
14:00 - 16:00 Session 8:  Hands On training session Six

Individual Qualification Sessions will be held after this class where you can demonstrate your skill on the system to me in order to gain your
login to the system.

Raith User Qualification sessions are now scheduled for the following times on Coral:
Tuesday January 26th, 2010 from 2:00 to 6:00 PM
Thursday January 28th, 2010 from 1:00 to 6:00 PM.
Friday January 29th, 2010 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM

See you all next week! JWC