Subject: Users must sweep their USB drives for viruses before coming on to any ebeam lab system.
From: "James W. Conway" <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 10:45:39 -0800

["multipart/related" not shown] Fri, 12 Feb 2010 10:45:39 -0800

From: "James W. Conway" <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 10:45:39 -0800

Greetings:

I have been trying to keep our systems clean and free of Viruses employing Sophos AV clients.

I have set up scans on both  the sem4160 and the RAITH off line computers for the USB drives and you are welcome to create your own scans on these PC's.

But despite sweeping and cleaning and deleting the viri as they come up on these system  -- they soon return within a day or so often less.

Please check your USB drives for viri using normal AV clients to ensure its not your USB stick that is propagating these viri on these system.

Sweeping USB sticks found in the lab found viri on all the drives checked.

Thank you,

James

Here is a screen snapshot of a scan I am running his morning on my USB drive coming off the sem4160 computer.

Fri, 12 Feb 2010 10:45:39 -0800

From: "James W. Conway" <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 10:45:39 -0800

["image/bmp" not shown] Fri, 12 Feb 2010 10:45:39 -0800