Subject: Renamed Thread to --> RE: [Raith] Different layers in same exposure using RAITH editor
From: "James W. Conway" <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 09:15:05 -0800

Great questions - soon to be a FAQ.

Q1:  If I have two layers included in a single line in the position list, would it be exactly the same as having one layer that has the same shape as the two layers combined?
A. Yes the areas or other structures specified as Single Pixel Lines or Dots would both be written the same.

Q2: ...if there is an overlap between the two layers, would that area be written twice?  Or, would raith detect only the boundary of the sum of the two layers?
A. Yes the system does not evaluate overlaps or boundaries during an exposure.  It would double expose any area(s) with overlaps.  The SW just seeks out areas, SPL or dots to be filled and writes to the exposure settings blindly.

I always 'select all' [ hint: keyboard shortcut CTRL - A] and 'REMOVE Overlaps' before the final save in the GDSII editor view.  Once saved I highlight or select the structure in the database view, and serially also the sub-structures, and from the Tools menu  'SORT ELEMENTS', and then check off the 'By Location' in the dialog box to sort the order of elements to be written.

Thank you for an excellent question,

James

Soogine Chong wrote:
Hi James,

I have a question concerning raith.

If I have two layers included in a single line in the position list, would it be exactly the same as having one layer that has the same shape as the two layers combined?  That is, if there is an overlap between the two layers, would that area be written twice?  Or, would raith detect only the boundary of the sum of the two layers?

Thanks,
Soogine.

--
Soogine Chong