Subject: Re: Espacer 300Z in the SNF refrigerator?
From: "James W. Conway" <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 10:24:33 -0800

Thank you Edward!

For Everyone:  Please use up this supply before opening up the new ESPACER 300Z bottle which I just brought into the lab yesterday.
All Users are also encouraged to please be very frugal in your usage so as to not waste this expensive engineering material. In a normal dispense I use just 15 drops from a syringe or pipette to cover a 100 mm wafer.  1500 to 2000 rpm and no bake is required. (But you can bake between 90 and 200 C for 1 -2 min on hotplate or 30 min in oven if you desire...)

I came across a really nice web page about Charge compensation coatings and handling ESPACER 300Z from the Georgia Institute of Technology Nanolithography web site today at:

http://www.nanolithography.gatech.edu/anti_charging.html

Here are the ESPACER 300Z technical specifications at:

http://www.nanolithography.gatech.edu/espacer/ESPACER_Techinical_data.pdf

The material must be kept at 5 C. or below and you DO NOT have to warm this material to room temperature before opening the bottle as it is a water based formulation.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway

Edward Barnard wrote:
Hi James

Other users are welcome to use this bottle. This small bottle is from a larger bottle from another lab (Melosh) that I brought in when the SNF stock was gone. I am sure that the bottle is older than 90 days, but has worked fine for me in the past few weeks

-Ed

Edward Barnard
Dept. of Mat. Sci. and Eng.
Stanford University