Subject: Re: Polling the Users on the level of interest in using HSQ negative tone Ebeam resist in the next year.
From: "James W. Conway" <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 15:39:49 -0800

Hello Alex, Sonia, and Raith User Community:

We have just last week received a new batch of HSQ in the XR-1541 formulation.  This is a 6% solids mixture in MIBK by volume and is suitable for films in the 100 nm plus range.   I have a number of wafers that I prepared on silicon and Quartz to aid in my process verification using my old process with some adjustments.
This included a spin speed (f) resist thickness study yielding several thicker than specification (spec. is ~ 100 nm.) for Users interested in testing thicker films.

My intention to to finish exposing this batch of wafers ASAP so as to not be influenced by any aging or degradation effects while I redefine my process sheet.

Please see me during my office hour and/or mornings in the Ebeam Lab if you would like to try an exposure or two on my wafers.  All I request is you provide me with your data for exposure dose and if you obtain great results a few SEM's of this work.  All Users whom contribute will be listed on the process suite resulting from our collaborative work.

This material is stored in the SNF resist refrigerator and unlike the ZEP - 520 does not have to be warmed to room temperature before dispensing.
Most people using this material, particularly in Quartz and Glass substrates will also need to apply ESPACER 300Z to reduce sample surface charge up.

All the Very Best,

James Conway

[Link to Dow description of HSQ]        [MSDS for XR-1541]

[Thomas Net News announcement regarding  XR-1541]