Subject: I am working to upgrade our RAITH 150 Software and Hardware to the version 5 release. Please lend me your support in this effort!
From: "James W. Conway" <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:43:01 -0700

["multipart/related" not shown] Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:43:01 -0700

From: "James W. Conway" <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:43:01 -0700

Greetings to Faculty Members and the greater Raith Community:

I am very proud of the vibrant research community that has formed around the Raith 150 tool since its 'First Light' June 7 2002.
The level of cooperation and collaboration I observe daily in the Ebeam Lab is commendable and you all provide an example for other groups to follow. Over 300 Users have been trained on the tool as of August 2010 and many graduates have pursued careers that still employ SEM and EBL in their research.
Good Job Everyone!

Now on to Business:
Over the course of the last year I have been working closely with RAITH USA Inc. and SNF Management towards getting funding to upgrade the RAITH 150 system to the version 5 release.  This upgrade involves upgrading several hardware sub-systems and a significant upgrade of the RAITH 150 Software. I have negotiated a significant discount for this package from the list price with RAITH USA Inc. and hope to complete this upgrade in the coming quarter.  The total cost of this upgrade package is about $38K.
Raith has generously offered recently to upgrade us all the way to version 6 if we can get an order into them. Other RAITH 150 tools, within and external to the NNIN, have already upgraded their tools and have commented favorably regarding the new functionality and improvements.  If you desire further information I have a PowerPoint presentation which details all the new modules available on request.  I invite you to review these features with me. I will present my presentation on the upgrade next Wednesday August 25th, 2010 from 3:00 to 4:00 PM in Allen 101.

I need your support for this upgrade as it will bring onto the RAITH system many significant additional SW features and enhancements to aid your research. Many of the original ideas for these features had been requested by Stanford Students and myself, working in a collaborative effort with both RAITH Companies, and have been incorporated into the version 5 and now version 6 software releases.  Below is the short version listing of features that will come within this upgrade package for your comment and review.

If you desire to assist The Raith Community in getting this tool upgraded in 2010 please send a email to Roger Howe, John Shott, and myself, lending your support in my effort to upgrade our RAITH 150 system.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway
Ebeam Lab
SNF

Key benefits of Raith software release 5:

1. New: Control bar = clean User Interface, much better overview and more space on your
desktop
2. New: Column control = GUI for adjusting, reading, saving and setting of column
parameters possible (directly, via PLS, via macros) (only for Raith systems)
3. NanoPECs = new powerful proximity effect package, energy density simulation
and Monte Carlo simulation including the ability to perform EPC on Areas writes, AND Single Pixel Lines and Dot arrays.
4. New: Bitmap exposure = import images into GDSII to expose them in 3D
5. New: powerful protocol tool = detailed log file about all important steps or
modifications on your Raith product (change user / new parameter set / exposure
time / …) with powerful text export function
6. New: Drag&Drop of coordinates from Position list to Adjust UVW window possible
7. New: Raith attachment driver for Hitachi S4500
8. New: graphical sample navigation based on original CAD drawings of sample
holders
9. New: server license introduced = floating software licenses based on a server
hard lock key are possible
10. In combination with pattern generator version 7 more than double speed for
image/mark acquisition
11. Fully automated drift compensation with GUI = correction for Beam current, beam
position, gun parameters
12. Enhanced automatic pattern/mark recognition (on images)
13. Adaptive stage speed via joystick = stage speed automatically adapts to current
write field (only for Raith systems)
14. Enhanced cross section simulation for GDSII files
15. DualBeam separate FOV support for Raith attachments products introduced
16. Software screen resolution adapted to high resolution wide screens (1680*1050
pixels are standard from now on)
17. Writefield alignment accuracy greatly enhanced (new multi point alignment and
higher mathematical accuracy)
18. Enhanced RAITH150-TWO load lock process

Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:43:01 -0700

From: "James W. Conway" <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:43:01 -0700

["application/octet-stream" not shown] Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:43:01 -0700