Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: Raith Group 45- Four Day Short Course for Basic RAITH 150 Users Tuesday to Friday May 17 to 20th, 2011 10 AM to 6 PM
From: "James W. Conway" <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 12:11:21 -0700

Greetings RAITH Group 47 and Others:

If you are listed in the To: section of this email you are confirmed to be in RAITH Group
47
This is your reminder and confirmation of your commitment for attending the RAITH Basic Users Training course.
You must have completed the prerequisite ALL LITHO and SEM trainings in order to attend as a participant. Otherwise you may also consider attending as an Observer.
You are expected to attend all sessions in order to gain the experience and skills you will need to qualify on the RAITH 150 system.

If
you are listed in the CC: section of this email:
This means I am
still in need of further information from you, or to confirm you have completed the prerequisites for attending this class, and alternatively I hope to add you in this or the next Raith class if you cannot attend these sessions.

We will start Tuesday morning at 10:00 AM in ALLEN 201. Resuming after lunch from 2 PM until 5 to 6 PM with a review of scanning electron microscope operations on the RAITH 150 tool including writing the Demo Layer One demonstrating the system in the Ebeam Lab. Wednesday to Friday, and one or possibly two additional Users Qualification sessions, the following week will be entirely Hands-On.

Any RAITH User wishing to attend any session are welcome if you desire a review of operations on the RAITH 150 system during any part of the class.

If you are listed in the To: section of this email:

Please review the RAITH training PowerPoint slides that I have provided to you. They are also on the desktop of the RAITH off-line computer in the center of the Ebeam Lab. The folder is called RAITH TRAINING V4.

Users are also encouraged to attend the "Take a Spin with Me" class covering Ebeam Resist handling procedures. I am holding this class
next on Tuesday May 24th, 2011 from 10:15 - 12:30 PM.

Thank you for your interest in Electron Beam Technologies at the Stanford Nanofabrication Facility,

James Conway
Ebeam Technology Group
650-725-7075
cell 415-412-4825

Group 47
RAITH Basic Users Class Schedule:

The Plan of Action:

We will start out with a lecture Tuesday morning followed by a with a quick review of SEM operations Tuesday afternoon, followed by a demonstration of a complete unaligned exposure, then
quickly moving into entirely 'hands on' operations training through the remainder of the week.
We will break for lunch at various times, normally while the system is writing, so plan to be flexible with your other outside commitments.
You should now have started working on your GDS II patterns and preparing PMMA on your substrates if you wish to write on your own material.   You may also write your patterns on my wafers and resist materials during this class.
Please bring your GDSII patterns, or simply your designs in your head or on paper to the 'Hands-On' sessions.

Schedule of events:

Tuesday May 17th, 2011:
10:00 - 12:30 Lecture ALLEN 201
14:00 - 18:00  Session 2:  RAITH SEM and Exposure Demonstration - Layer One in the Ebeam Lab.

Wednesday May 18th, 2011::
10:00 - 12:30 Session 3:  Hands On training session One
Layer Two: OVERLAY Layer 1 to Layer 2 registration
14:00 - 18:00 Session 4:   Hands On training session Two

Thursday May 19th, 2011:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 5: Hands On training session Three
14:00 - 18:00 Session 6: Hands On training session Four

Friday May 20th, 2011:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 7: Hands On training session Five
14:00 - 16:00 Session 8:  Hands On training session Six

User Qualification Sessions will be held after this class where you can demonstrate your skill on the system to me in order to gain your login to the system.
Raith User Qualification sessions are now scheduled for the following times on Coral:
Tuesday May 24th, 2011 from 2:00 to 6:00 PM.
Thursday May 26th, 2011 from 10:00 to 3:00 PM    Please sign up for these sessions with me once you are ready to qualify.

RAITH GROUP 47

1. David Moore dgmoore@stanford.edu coral: dgmoore
Shan Wang Project: Magnetic Tunnel Junctions Basic Research

2. Yongliang Yang ylyang@stanford.edu Coral: ylyang

ZX Shen Group Project: 10 nm isolated lines on TOxide on Silicon.

3. Hardeep Sanghera hardeeps@stanford.edu

Coral: hardeeps

Mabuchi Group Project: Kerr Nonlinear nanophotonics on GaAs GaAlAs

4. Shuang Wang x.shuang.wang@gmail.com

5. Sujay Phadke sujay.a.phadke@gmail.com

Coral: saphadke
Salleo Group Project: I-V properties of Single nanowires ZnO.

4. Linda He Yi heyi@stanford.edu Coral: He Yi Phone: 650-868-1004 c.HS Phillip Wong Group Project: 50 200 nm nm Lines RIE Silicon Directed Self Assembly