Subject: Re: Query of Interest from lab members working at SNF -- whom would be interested in using BeamPROP software application if we had it here at SNF?
From: Carsten Langrock <langrock@stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 10:18:07 -0700
Tue, 24 May 2011 10:18:07 -0700
If the goal is to simply calculate the modes and effective indices of
ridge waveguide structures, no matter how many layers, there are free
alternatives available on the web. A  Matlab-based mode solver was
also written by somebody in Prof. James Harris' group. I am sure that
BeamProp does a lot more things than this, but maybe not all of these
might be required by the majority of users. Our group maintains
solvers for diffused waveguides as well as semiconductor-based slab /
ridge waveguides.

Carsten

On May 24, 2011, at 10:07 AM, James W. Conway wrote:

> Greetings Lab Members and Ebeam Lab Users:
>
> A number of Users working in the Ebeam Lab are working with and
> fabricating optical waveguides, splitters, and resonators as well as
> other types of nano-optical Photonic devices.
> This email is intended to solicit interest from our Users working in
> the lab towards acquiring BeamProp software package for our Lab.
> The intention would be to split the cost of this application between
> SNF and another Stanford group for their users.  The application
> would be maintained on SNF computing equipment in the Ebeam Lab
> and    add to our tool set of CAD and modeling software as we move
> into the future.
>
> Please lend me your opinion by replying to this email if you are
> interested or have any comments...
>
> Thank you,
>
> James Conway
> Ebeam Technology Group
> Stanford Nanofabrication Facility
>

> Example of the software with many thanks from Stephanie Claussen:
>
> <moz-screenshot.png>

_____________________________________
Dipl.-Phys. Carsten Langrock, Ph.D.

Physical Sciences Research Associate