Subject: READ ALL OF ME: RAITH SYSTEM UP AND AVAILABLE TO USERS -- USING REMCON TILL FURTHER NOTICE, FOLLOW THESE PROCEDURES + New EBEAM and SNF Lab Protocols for cleanliness and safety.
From: "James W. Conway" <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:41:31 -0700

HELLO RAITH USERS and Super User Adcom Members:

RAITH USERS:
The system is up and ready for your use with just a few procedural changes.  Most Users will have no problems on the new software package and most modules and views you are already familiar with.
EVERYONE on the RAITH tool has my permissions to give the system a try while I am away. I will return September 19th Noon.  First place to look if you have questions is to press the [F1 key] on either computer.
We have many people ready and willing to assist you should you have problems... Please see the other emails on this list....

EVERYONE:
We are entering into a new era of the Stanford Nanofabrication Facility with many new and positive changes to occur with respect to the SNF Engineering and Technical Staff and soon all Lab Members working at SNF.

I seek your personal support and effort as members of the  'RAITH Community' to lead other SNF Lab member groups towards effecting positive change as we move forward into the future, under the leadership of our new SNF Operations Director, John Bumgarner.  If you have not yet met John by all means stop in and introduce yourself and mention you are a 'RAITH Community Member.'

As a favor to me, and to make SNF a better place to conduct research, I am asking each and every Ebeam Lab User to become shining examples of proper clean room etiquette, cleanliness, and to strictly follow all safety protocols within the entire SNF Cleanroom. I wish also for you to be vigilant and to help support, inform, and encourage other lab members in this effort too.

You all are, and have been 'the Leaders of Change' in the SNF Cleanroom and I thanks you for your support over the last ten years!

Please be careful on the tools and I expect everyone to play nicely together,

See you in late September,

James Conway
Ebeam Technology Group
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility

We have worked out a alternative to resolve the API interface errors in the communications
between computers that we have been experiencing this week.
We have now turned off the TCP/IP communications and resumed using REMCON.exe serial
interface between the RAITH and LEO computers.

Here what to follow for success:
1. Start on Right hand computer we call LEO. Click desktop ICON called SMARTSEM or you
can  press [START] + [PROGRAMS]+[SMARTSEM.exe] login as normal if you have established
a new LEO account otherwise:
New Users use the training login passwd: newbie.
Experienced Users use the testuser login passwd: test.
2. LEO computer [START] + [PROGRAMS]+[SMARTSEM]+[REMCON.EXE] to start the remcom serial
comms. interface...
3. RAITH computer Press the RAITH150.exe
Or [START] + [PROGRAMS]+[RAITH]+[RAITH150.EXE]
3. LOGON and PROCEED AS NORMAL BUT MOST FUNCTIONS AND CONTROLS CAN BE PERFORMED FROM THE RAITH
SIDE.

MANUAL WRITE FIELD ALIGNMENT NOTES:
START WITH THESE ZOOM FACTORS:
0.24 U, 0.24 V FOR 10KV 10UM APERTURE @ 5 mm.  It was 0.95 U 0.95 V till yesterday...

BE SURE TO UPDATE YOUR W BEFORE WRITE FIELD ALIGNMENT.
NEED HELP HIGHLIGHT THE MODULE YOU HAVE A QUESTION FOR AND PRESS [F1 KEY] Context sensitive
help will come up and it searchable too!
Need more help or support call 631-738-9500 8 - 5 Eastern Time for support and tell
then you are calling from the SNF Ebeam Lab... Ask for Cole Loomis, Joe Klingfus or Kevin
Burcham with RAITH USA field service.

Good Luck,  James

See the source message on your browser, clipped from RAITH-PCS@snf.stanford.edu:

http://snf.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?2170:mss:1435:201108:kmefiakcnpkonkmjgmof