Subject: 2ND ANNOUNCEMENT: Ebeam Lab Town Hall Meeting Friday October 28th 2011 2:00 to 4:00 PM Packard 202 MOHAMMAD ALI MOHAMMAD -- NANOSCALE E BEAM PROCESSING AND APPLICATIONS and Carl Zeiss Microscopy
From: "James W. Conway" <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 11:11:18 -0700
Thu, 27 Oct 2011 11:11:18 -0700
["multipart/related" not shown]
Greetings Raith Users and Members of the Stanford Ebeam Community:

Note: we have extended the meeting until 4:00 PM as we have a second speaker wishing to present in addition to our Visiting Speaker.

 The Ebeam Lab Town Hall Meeting will be held this Friday October 28th 2011 2:00 to 4:00 PM in Packard 202. Light refreshments will be served.

We have a very special guest visiting us at Stanford this Friday afternoon, and we hope you will be able to join us for his presentation. Everyone is welcome to attend.
Our Visiting Speaker is Mohammad Ali Mohammed from the National Institute for Nanotechnology whom will be speaking on 'Nanoscale Electron Beam Resist Processing and Applications'  from 2:10 till 3:00 PM.
After Mohammad's presentation we will have ample time for your Questions.

Our second speaker is Bill Thompson from Carl Zeiss Microscopy, formerly Carl Zeiss SMT, whom will present an update on the Orion He Ion Microscope for Imaging, Lithography, and Nanofabrication.
This presentation will start at 3:15 PM and we will wrap up the meeting with Questions and Answers by 4:00 PM.

All are welcome to attend and you may forward this message to your group members.

Thank you for your interest in Beam Technologies for Nanolithography here at Stanford,

James Conway
Ebeam Technology Group
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility

The final Agenda and both abstracts for your review are attached.

VISITING SPEAKER

Mohammad Ali Mohammad

National Institute for Nanotechnology

Edmonton, Canada

Nanoscale Electron Beam Resist Processing and Applications

Ebeam Town Hall Meeting
2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
 Friday, October 28, 2011

Packard 202

Electron beam lithography (EBL) is the technology of choice for fabricating nanostructures and devices at the 10 nm scale and below.  In addition to careful selection of materials, co-optimizing the EBL exposure and development stages are critical for achieving ultimate resolution, high throughput, and low line edge roughness.  In this presentation, nanopatterning with popular EBL resists PMMA, ZEP, and HSQ is discussed.  In particular the role of the development stage is highlighted and various processing strategies are presented. The capabilities and limitations of each resist are discussed in the context of fabricating nanoscale devices.  Various fabrication approaches for realizing sub-10 nm silicon carbon nitride (SiCN) doubly-clamped cantilevers are presented.  In addition, the role of modeling tools for enhancing the fabrication process is also presented.  Selected high-impact projects from various application areas involving EBL processing at the University of Alberta Nanofabrication facility will also be shown.

["image/png" not shown]
["image/png" not shown]
["image/png" not shown]
["image/jpeg" not shown]