Subject: Where did all the ESPACER GO?!! Users needing to use this material before shutdown should reply ....
From: "James W. Conway" <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 17:50:13 -0700

Greetings ESPACER Users:

I last inventoried the Espacer material last week WED. and there was 25 - 30 ml remaining in the plastic bottle. Friday there was about 15 - 20 ml in the bottle.
25 ml should have been sufficient for coating roughly N = 50 to 75 -- 100 mm wafers applying 15 drops  of material by pipette to each wafer ( est. 35 - 50 drops per ml volume)

I can only account for three Users using the material over the weekend...

I would like to know simply what happened to the material unaccounted for?  Did someone accidentally knock over the bottle and spill it all over the headway bench?  Or was a small volume removed and taken from the Lab?
If you are a heavy and regular User of Espacer for your work at SU, or if it is a critical project material for your project before the years end, you should also send me an email.

If anyone has any volume or supply available, please bring it into the lab as we are now completely out of the material for all Users.  I had expected this batch to last through the end of the year.

I hesitate to order another batch until the questions above have been answered!
I initiated the ordering process for a new batch last WED. and I still need to resubmit with additional paperwork to get the order approved.
There is some lead time to receive a new batch as it comes from Japan.
This is very expensive engineering material with excellent performance when applied properly, but relatively short shelf life in the bottle at less than 3 months.

PLEASE utilize the material frugally and carefully to avoid waste and contamination. No volume what-so-ever should be leaving the lab without my permission.

If you have questions, concerns, or answers, please send me a reply to this email or see me during Fridays office hour.

Thank you for your interest in Ebeam Technologies here at SNF,

James