Subject: SNF Ebeam Lab Shutdown and Start up plan and time lines for period December 8 through February 9th, 2012.
From: "James W. Conway" <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 10:16:14 -0800

Greetings Ebeam Lab Users:

ALL USERS MUST REMOVE ALL MATERIALS IN THE EBEAM LAB PASS THROUGH, AND ANY OTHER PLACES YOU HAVE STASHED YOUR ENGINEERING MATERIALS IN THE LAB, WITHOUT EXCEPTIONS BY WED. DECEMBER 7.
--- USERS SEEKING TO DONATE QUARTZ, GaAS OR OTHER III/VI SUBSTRATES TO ME FOR MY WORK WILL BE BLESSED WITH GOOD KARMA FOR THE REMAINDER OF YOUR STAY AT STANFORD. ---

Here is the beta on the current Ebeam Lab plan and time line for the SNF Lab Shutdown:

We will be taking the system off line from Users at 10 AM, Thursday December 8th to perform the annual column PM and perform several detailed performance test of sub-system modules working with RAITH Field Service through December 14th, 2011.  This will be followed by  shutting down the entire Ebeam Lab starting Wednesday December 14th at 10 AM.  All Beam Tools will be removed from AC power, covered and protected with scaffolding to mothball the equipment throughout the shutdown period. The Ebeam Lab will have significant infra-structure construction and equipment change outs during this period.
There will be no User or SNF Staff access to the SNF Clean Room during the period between Thursday December 15th at 7 AM and Thursday February 2, 2012.

The SNF Lab will reopen tentatively on February 2nd, 2012 with the Ebeam Lab opening for User access the following evening.  However the RAITH system will not be available to any Users until after it is fully tested and characterized which I expect will be tentatively 6 PM Wednesday February 8th for RAITH Champions and 10 AM February 9th for all qualified RAITH Users.

In February 2012 we will be further upgrading the new RAITH 150 tool to Windows 7 OS on both computers, turning on the Fixed Beam Moving Stage (FBMS) module to enable "write-on-the-fly" lithography capability, and installing and testing the 20 MHz Digital Pattern Generator to complete the system upgrade started last August.  This begins a whole new era of state-of-the-art Ebeam Lithography and measurement capability using the new RAITH 150 here at Stanford Nanofabrication Facility. I seek your engagement, innovation, and creativity as we move into the future of SEM and EBL on these systems in 2012.

The next scheduled RAITH training class will be held tentatively March 20th to 23rd, 2012.

Please see me during my office hours if you have any questions.

James Conway