Subject: IMPORTANT: Please be sure to bake you samples before you load into the RAITH system. 90 degrees C two minutes at minimum.
From: "James W. Conway" <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 13:32:27 -0700

Good Afternoon,

IMPORTANT: Please be sure to bake you samples before you load into the RAITH system. Elevated vacuum pressures are bad for the FE-GUN.

Since early last week I have been observing higher than normal vacuum pressures in the RAITH system and Gun sections.  This started overnight Sunday to Monday last week and then again later in the week.

Users are reminded firmly that ALL substrates and resist materials going into the system needs to be freshly soft baked before you load them.

For most resist, either 90 degrees C. for two minutes at minimum, or repeat your original bake cycle at its normal temperature.  This will also make it very easy to obtain suitable contamination dots for focusing.

Users working with non-standard approved materials are requested to touch down with me during office hours.

James