Subject: Raith passed its qualification after repairs. EBL write in progress Users can start when it ends or at or about 12 AM...
From: "James W. Conway" <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 21:41:55 -0700

Good Evening Raith Community:

We replaced the column isolation valve and baked out the system overnight.  The operation went well and the FE-GUN survived.  The system seems to be in very good order and I expect emission levels to increase through the week and I will be monitoring and adjusting it to optimal levels during my sessions the remainder of the week.  please report any issues or problems you encounter.
James Conway
415-412-4825

snipped from RAITH PCS:
system passed qualification tests!

BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR FARADAY CUP POSITIONS ON STANDARD SAMPLE HOLDER. USH AND FC ON STAGE POSITIONS HAVE BEEN UPDATED AND SAVED TO SYSTEM...
ALL USERS ARE REQUESTED TO SWEEP ALL MEDIA COMING ONTO THE SYSTEM BEFORE TRANSFERRING FILES OR DATA ONTO RAITH 150 AND OTHER EBEAM LAB TOOLS.
[ A Trojan virus may have been the gremlin causing the file and measurement calculation result errors that were causing mayhem last week. ]

Excellent gun and system vacuum conditions.
Nice bright beam with less than 2.0 nm beam waist at 10 kV 30 um aperture.  I will be adjusting gun for optimal emission targets through the week.
 JWC