Subject: Raith Status Wednesday 11-14-12 at 8:45 AM System is available to Users that do not need to perform write field to write field stitching. or for SEM inspections use the coder stage controls.
From: "James W. Conway" <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 08:58:17 -0800

Good Morning Raith Community:

It was a very strange day yesterday with several unusual problems on the tool.  In the morning I arrive to find someone had turned off the Laser interferometer Power supply using the front panel switch.
Currently I have placed the system into yellow mode and users whom do not need to write field to write field stitch their patterns can likely successfully write on the system.  You will perform your operations under coder stage control and not on the laser interferometer control.  We encountered problems with the stage control hardware evidenced by clicking noises of relays in the unit after completing X-Y motions.  This is an intermittent problem and you may not encounter an problem during your run.  I had the system working and tested several times through the evening last night only to have it resurface with the next Users shortly after I left the lab.

Users are reminded that the Ebeam Lab is a restricted area and no lab members other than qualified Users of our beamtools are to be in the lab without an escort.  You have my permission to confront any User entering the lab for any reason and obtain their lab member name and report them to me.

[For full details you may click here.]

James Conway