Subject: Re: <4 hr slots? Re: READ ME: CURRENT RAITH RESERVATION AND USAGE POLICY
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 18:21:59 -0800
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 18:21:59 -0800
Hello Dan, Mark, and Raith Users:

Good question for clarification:

 >>Minimum of a four hour reservation slot, or you should 'Share the
Ride' with other users within your CORAL reservation.
Hence the word "should' versus 'must' ...
This is to encourage, gently, the users whom just need an hour or two
for an inspection or short write, and in order to reduce the number of
unload/load transfers on the system as it eats up a large amount of time
within a short session period.  These group users could then hand off
and retrieve their samples later.  The entire goal is to increase
throughput on the system.

Thank you,

James Conway