Subject: high mag problems
From: Mark Allen Topinka <mtopinka@stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 07:46:51 -0800

Yep, problem is still there.  It happens when you go to the high-mag
amplifiers (when you hear that click)  for me it's WD=6.808mm and
mag=11.87KX.  At that mag, the image seems to stretch by like a factor of 2
in the x direction and starts drifting.  I'm going to go ahead and write
some coarse features, but as it stands it would be harder than usual to try
and focus/stigmate the beam on high-mag.  (Note: it might still work, since
even most high-res writing is done at 1200X max, but I wouldn't bet my
prize wafer on it).     -Mark