Subject: Re: IMPORTANT : High voltage clarification
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:40:23 -0800
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:40:23 -0800
Greetings:

The only way to bring up the acceleration voltage on the RAITH 150
properly is to use the microscope control panel on the Raith150
application.  This ensures that the voltage ramp is performed uniformly
with rate ramp control.  This also updated the ELPHY+ pattern generator
with the dynamic timing parameters for the required pattern
deconvolution.  This will greatly affect your results for pattern
placement and scaling information within your EBL write.
[If you have been observing some strange pattern placement this could be
one of the reasons.]

IMPORTANT:  PLEASE DO NOT --EVER - adjust the acceleration voltage by
using the sliders on the SEM control panel --> Gun Tab on the LEO.  This
will not perform a uniform ramp to set voltage on some rare occasions
can induce an EHT trip.

Thank you for your support!

JWC