Subject: Beamtools report for Monday May 12, 2003: 1818 hours
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 18:27:51 -0700

Greetings:

All Ebeam and SEM systems are up and available for users:

Semhitachi, S-800 FE-SEM is up.
A new SOP procedure is in place, a copy is in the SEM LAB. Please use this new procedure!
Please be careful loading and unloading the system the loading rod was damaged over the weekend.
 If you need assistance ask any SNF staff member.

Ebeam, H-700 Ebeam Exposure System is up and available to users.
However some system instability has been observed and we are tracking down the factors causing these intermittent problems.
Please be careful with your command inputs on the operators console!  Simple operator error may have been triggering the computer problems we have been having on the system.
All users are requested to record and report to CORAL any problems experienced during their Ebeam writes.

ALL USERS:  You are requested to report the number of wafer/chip writes written on the system this month, and the minimum features resolved to James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>  Please inspect and SEM your patterns and report your results!

Please record any problems you encounter on the system so we can address these issues as they arise.

S-4160 is up and ready for your use.

RAITH 150 is up and available for users.
This week we will be conducting another RAITH Users School. Tuesday afternoon and 10 - 4 WED - FRI.

The system schedule is nearly full, please see James Conway if you are having problems making a reservation on CORAL.

ALL USERS:  You are requested to report the number of wafer/chip writes written on the system this month, and the minimum features resolved to James Conway (jwc@snf.stanford.edu)  Please inspect and SEM your patterns and report your results!
We will be starting logbooks for all Beamtools in the coming weeks -- stay tuned.

The Micrionics Laser Mask writer is coming back on line today.

Thank you for your interest in E-beam Lithography and SEM at SNF!

James Conway || Paul Jerabek || Charley Williams III
E-beam Technology Group, Stanford Nanofabrication Facility
650-725-7075