Subject: 11pm cancelled: sample has problem
From: "Mehmet Fatih Yanik" <fatih@stanford.edu>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 13:22:19 -0800
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 13:22:19 -0800

  -----Original Message-----
  From: James Conway [mailto:jwc@snf.stanford.edu]
  Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 1:09 PM
  To: Raith SNF Mailing list
  Cc: John Shott; Mary Tang
  Subject: READ ME: CURRENT RAITH RESERVATION AND USAGE POLICY

  Greetings Raith Community:

  Thank you for your input and participation in the Ebeam Town Meeting we
held February 2, 2004.
  Here is the final version of the Reservation and System Usage policy based
on your inputs.  I hope that all users will see this change as an
improvement from the past policy that was in place. We all agreed to try out
this policy out and discuss further refinements needed at our next Ebeam
Town Meeting.  This meeting is scheduled for March 15, 2004 at 2 - 4 PM, CIS
101.

  Current RAITH 150 Reservations Policy:

  1. Reservation limit of 8 hours per rolling 10 day reservation window on
the Coral Reservation System.
  The reservation horizon was increased from 7 days to 10 days on Coral to
allow you a longer window to make reservations.

  2. Minimum of a four hour reservation slot, or you should 'Share the Ride'
with other users within your CORAL reservation. i.e., No half hour
reservation games allowed or tolerated! Not necessary to petition the Raith
list for each of your sessions!

  3.  Longer reservation needed than the normal 8 hour session:
  You may have one reservation only of up to 10 hours maximum if you have no
other reservations on the RAITH Coral system in a rolling two week period.
You must have approval from James Conway if you desire a session longer than
10 hours, and you will then not be able to make an additional reservation
for a two week period after that reserved session is completed.  This is
meant to meet the needs of users with special writing needs or circumstances
only.
  Note: This policy continues to be under review and may be modified in the
future as the need presents itself.

  4. Reservations start (rather than end) within the reservation horizon.
  This change in particular, is designed to avoid the "30 minute roulette"
that  labmembers wishing to reserve the raith and the stsetch have been
forced to play.

  <!--[endif]-->5. We have abandoned the concept of 'prime time' and
'non-prime time' hours. The Lab operates 24/7.

  6. First Come First Serve -- You must use your reservation before making a
new reservation on the Coral system.

  Raith System Usage Policy:

  1. No System Usage Limit:
  While we have specific limits to RAITH Coral reservations, we do not have
a limit on the system utilization if there are no other users working on or
reserved for the system.   I expect the system to be utilized 100% of the
time.  Users are asked to make the hand off between users as smooth as
possible. It is suggested you check in with the previous user a short time
before your session to aid in communications and the system hand off to
reduce the unload / load exchange interval time.

  2. Grace Period: Users are expected to start and end your writing sessions
within 15 minutes of the scheduled time slot.
  If you are having problems, or encountered difficulties during your write,
which may require for you to extend into the next user's session you are
expected to make an attempt to inform the next user within a hour of the
hand off time. You must gain their permission to extend into their session.
If you don't get permission or cannot complete the EBL task -- you are
expected to cancel the exposure and immediately yield the system to the next
user on their request.  If you did not start your session on time as
scheduled you will not be allowed a grace period to continue into the next
person's session.
  Remember you must gain the next users permission to extend beyond 15
minutes into the next reservation slot.

  3. Beginning your writing session -- the '16 minute Rule' applies:
  If at 'minute 16' of your reservation slot, if you have neither shown up
to start your session, nor marked the system with a note saying you are
coming, nor communicated with the last user on the system and posted to the
raith mailing list; you lose your entire reservation.  It is only upon the
courtesy of the user available to come onto the system, once he has enabled
on CORAL for the session, as to either to return the system to you within
your lost reservation time or not.

  4. Cancellations:
  Cancellations and trade off in RAITH sessions should be posted to the
Raith mailing list for all to view as soon as possible once you realize that
you will not be able to make use of your reservation.  It is expected of
Users that cancellations be done at least 24 hours before your reserved
session to allow other lab members to make use of the opening. <!--[if
!supportLineBreakNewLine]-->You must post a reason for your cancellation,
particularly if it was due to a system or machine dependence from within the
lab not allowing you to get your work finished.

  5.  If there is no one on the system and no reservation on CORAL, the
system is available to you for your use.
    This does not affect your reservation limits on the Coral schedule and
there is no need to make a reservation on Coral for this session.

  6.  ALL USERS must enable CORAL in their own account for their writing
sessions. At the time of enable Users are to start an entry in the RAITH
Operations Logbook and all pertinent information should be recorded.
Problems during a run should be reported to CORAL and noted in the Logbook
for prompt action by SNF staff.

  Thank you for your inputs and support of these policies.  This should go a
long way to create fair and uniform access and utility of the RAITH 150
Ebeam Lithography System.

  Yours,

  James Conway

  <!--[endif]-->