Subject: WE are returning to Restrictions on Acceleration Voltage settings 0.3 to 19.9 keV until further notice.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:39:03 -0700

 >> Silvia wrote:

I just wanted to inform you, that I had two EHT trips after you left .... One happened
during my write and one shortly after that.

Thank you for your report!  I see other reports in the RAITH list cue as
well.

EVERYONE:

Lets return to the former protocol not to exceed 19900 Volts of
Acceleration Voltage on the RAITH.
Be sure to perform all controls through the RAITH interface.

Having not experienced any trips in my testing whatsoever I am very
surprised.  Last weekend and this week with several users, I did run the
FE-Gun at 20, 21, 25 and 30 keV voltages for a number of hours of
operation.  I am chagrined to see that this problem returned for other
users!  We continue to evaluate this problem...