Subject: ALERT2: Raith will be off line for users starting 10 AM Monday May 3, 2004 for LEO maintenance.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:56:07 -0700

Greetings:

Raith 150 will be off line for ALL users starting 10 AM Monday May 3, 2004 for LEO maintenance. I would not expect the system to be back up until after Friday afternoon..  We will make the system available overnight and evenings if possible, if we are not in bake out mode. Please stay tuned to this channel for periodic updates as new information presents itself.

PLEASE REMOVE YOUR RESERVATIONS AFTER 11 AM MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY MIDNIGHT.
THERE ARE OPEN SLOTS ON CORAL THIS WEEKEND.  PLEASE MAKE USE OF THESE OPEN SLOTS TO PUSH YOUR WORK THROUGH BEFORE WE COME DOWN.

Arriving Monday will be Bernd Stegemann from RAITH GmbH, Cole Loomis with Raith USA,  and Alan Lysse and Mike Santomango from Carl Zeiss SMT, formerly LEO, to effect repairs to the EHT Power supply and evaluate the FE-Gun once again. This downtime is to eliminate the problems we have been observing with arcing and EHT trips at higher acceleration voltages.

Thank you for your continued support!

James Conway