Subject: Beamtools report for DAY:DATE
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 10:04:10 -0700

Greetings:

All Ebeam and SEM systems are up and available for users:

Semhitachi, S-800 FE-SEM is up.
Please don't initially flash the tip when coming onto the system. Only flash after you see emission current instability.
Please follow the new SOP procedure, a copy is in the SEM LAB.

Ebeam, H-700 Ebeam Exposure System is in 'yellow mode' and may be available to users later today after repairs are finished.
Please be very careful with your command line inputs on the system.  Many of the problems encountered earlier this week were due to Operator Error.

If you have had a erroneous process result on the system in the last month -- we would like to know about it.  There may be a bad bottle or batch of PMMA resist in the lab which we are working to identify.  Please tell us if you have had patterns not develop out after exposure,  or remarkably different dose to clearing responses.  We need to know the resist type, lot number or bottle number/date.

S-4160 is up and ready for your use.

RAITH 150 is up and available for users.
The system schedule is nearly full, see James Conway if you are having problems making a reservation on CORAL.

We continue to see stitching errors due to write field rotation from magnetic field in the system.  Clip NO. 4 in the std. sample stage seems to have the minimum effect of this problem.

Highlights of the Week:
15 nm isolated single pixel lines were observed during training session this week on 60 nm PMMA.  Lets see how they look after Metallization!

Action Plan for second half if June 2003:
We will be bringing the system down for repairs and installing new stage components in June.  You can expect no access to the system the week of June 16 through June 23, 2003.  We will have RAITH Field service and application support these two weeks.  Please let me know if you desire application specific support related to large field stitching and overlay to be scheduled for the week of June 23 - 27, 2003.

Thank you for your interest in E-beam Lithography and SEM at SNF!

James Conway || Paul Jerabek || Charley Williams III
E-beam Technology Group, Stanford Nanofabrication Facility
650-725-7075