Subject: Re: Raith chuck position
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 18:41:58 -0700

Greetings:

Just to clarify this issue and as a general guideline:

If the next User is soon to come onto the system, say within the next 60
minutes, leave the std. sample holder for the RAITH 150 in the Load
Lock.  However if the next user is not to come into the lab within 60
minutes -- load the std. sample holder back into the system so it stays
under vacuum and is less likely for the aluminum surface to become
contaminated and oxidized.
Be sure to stay enabled until after the vent signal to the solenoid
occurs -- otherwise you will trip the now infamous Load Lock Error No. 6.

PLEASE: Always handle this sample holder with latex gloves and use
teflon tweezers to reduce scratches on the surface.
It can be cleaned and wiped with a lint free wiper with several drops of
methanol added.  Never spray onto the holder with the squeeze bottle!

Thank you,

JWC