Subject: Varying beam current...
From: charley <charley@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 15:34:00 -0700

    Raith fans,
    I found the gun running at 172uA. This is about twice what the Leo
folks
say is the good number. I've reduced it to 110uA, and it will drift down
from
there. I'll check it later today. Some brave (desperate) soul should do
a setup
as if they were going to write and see if the problem is still there. If
it is, we
should call the Raith/Leo service guys and have them have a look. I went

through one "EHT set" at Berkeley, so I know that can be a problem, but
it's very easy to change. We first need to know if it's dead or dying,
though.
I'm leaving the status in 'yellow' until I hear from you that we are
either up
or need to call service. Let me know! If we get the EHT set, I can have
it
installed in an hour or two.
    chw3