Subject: Troubleshooting continues access for RAITH Champions only through 9 AM WED.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 17:26:03 -0700

Greetings:

See my previous message for system status.

I am handing off to ARVIND to continue the troubleshooting on the deflection system and write field alignment issues.
If he finished before 9 AM tomorrow will there be access for other RAITH Champions only.

I had no problems performing the Write Field Alignment when using 550 X magnification.  Clearly something has changed within the beam deflection coils or control system as evidenced by users reports of problems when using 600X.  Today I encountered the same values as Gigi and I reached working overnight together a week ago.

The beam blanker is control is back up, but we are continuing to evaluate the blanker circuitry for leakage and system parameter values.

I will return to this task with RAITH personnel somewhere between 9 and 10 AM tomorrow.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway
650-725-7075
415-412-4825