Subject: [Fwd: Re: Shutdown raith SNF 2004-08-16 16:04:09: major system malfunction] UPDATE -- SYS will go offline Tuesday TBD.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:35:21 -0700
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:35:21 -0700
Hello Raith Users and Everyone CC'd :

I was able to restore normal system functioning at least in Yellow Light
mode. See below...

Tomorrow afternoon, through the end of the week, I will be taking over
the system to effect repairs and adjustments to several sub-systems on
the RAITH.  There may be some overnight access to be determined for
users if possible.

Tomorrow late morning or just after lunch working with Zeiss and RAITH
field service, we will be going through what is a large tasking list of
things to replace, repair, adjust, and test.

Users can have the system until the time ZEISS and RAITH have arrived.
Please report all problems encountered and inspect your writes carefully.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway

It appears that we lost all vacuum and control funtion logic.
I reset the entire LEO Platform and cycled the mechanical pump power switches.  The
system is now back up in yellow.
JWC