Subject: RAITH Daily report and announcement of extended downtime June 16 - 28, 2003
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 15:20:36 -0700

Greetings Raith Users:

RAITH 150 is up and available for users.
The detector configurations have been restored.  The problems encountered last week appear to be sourced to an arcing event which occurred early last week.  This caused the drop of the IEEE-488 communications buss and somehow affected the LEO configuration on that shutdown.

 Please report to CORAL any problem you encounter during your sessions so we can evaluate and correct.

The system schedule is nearly full, see James Conway if you are having problems making a reservation on CORAL.

Be advised we will be taking the system down for an extended period from June 16 through the 27th, and there will likely be no user access to the system. During this time we will be changing components on the X-Y Stage and performing  new system qualification and performance testing with RAITH Field service personnel.  Limited access overnights may be allowed the week of June 26 - 30th. We do hope to be back up and on the air for all qualified users starting June 28, 2003.

Users whom were impacted by field stitching problems are requested to contact James Conway during his office hour so we can schedule specific application support during the week of June 23 - 27, 2003.

The RAITH Basic Users School Group IV previously scheduled for June 17 - 23, 2003 has been canceled and will be rescheduled for late July.

Thank you for your interest in E-beam Lithography and SEM at SNF!

James W. Conway