Subject: Raith System Status WED. September 22, 2004 1140 hours -- SYSTEM IS UP PASSES QUALIFICATION
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:43:41 -0700

Greetings Raith Users:

Yesterday working with Zeiss SMT's Mike Santomango, we went over the calibrations for the E/O board and made several small adjustments to the orthogonality adjustment and to the magnification and stigmation centering functions for each aperture. We then re-checked all apertures for mag and stigmation shift and optimized as necessary.  For the most part only minor adjustments were made.

We processed a number of align writefield operations without exceeding the zoom V sweep sum limit but we are still standing close to the limits for the system.

Typical values:
Zoom U 1.49
Zoom V 1.524
shift and rotation nominal.

I am working with Raith USA and people in Germany to determine what other changes we can make to the column setup or calibrations to bring us back to the former levels slightly farther away from the Zoom Sweep Sum Limits for the system.

I ran an exposure yesterday evening after we made these adjustment to qualify the system by exposing a demo and waveguide pattern as part of our  Process Control Monitoring program.

The EBL result appears to be excellent with not a single stitching break or WF rotation irregularity found anywhere.  Very Good results!  I requalified the system on this last EBL write  and the user following me (gigi) also had excellent results with his challenging wave guide patterns.  I will be SEMing these structures when I get access for layer two later this week and will post to the bulletin board.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway