Subject: Raith back up ... RAITH Champions -- please report your results fromthe last month.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:03:00 -0700

Greetings:

The RAITH 150 system went down on early Thursday morning.  (8:50 AM )
The chiller unit was found turned off at the main power switch on the back of the panel.  The LEO SEM sensing this event shut down the Field Emission gun and put the system in to Standby mode.
No damage done and the gun section never was vented to air.

We brought the gun back up and idled it overnight and we are now resuming operations.  I will be testing and possibly making some Gun adjustments through early next week so you may see some improvements to beam current on the system.

Users are requested to carefully inspect all patterns written on the system and report your results.
Raith Champions are requested to post a short summary of the results of their writes over the last month with particular emphasis towards problems encountered or pattern writes that did or did not come out to specifications.  Images of problems encountered are also requested to troubleshoot various user reports of concerns related to beam blanking and dose out of specification concerns that have presented themselves.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway