Subject: REMINDER: RAITH planned downtime for Laser Stage repairs June 17 - 27, 2003
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:02:01 -0700

Greetings:

Reminder to RAITH Users that we will be bringing the RAITH 150 system down for repairs, performance re-qualification, and testing starting next week.

WHY:
We have a new Laser Interferometer Stage clearing customs which is to be installed into the SNF RAITH 150 next week.
I have the very best RAITH GmbH Field Service Engineers coming from Germany and New York and they are only available at this time.

WHAT:
Replacing our current laser interferometer Stage with a new qualified unit.
This new stage was qualified at RAITH GmbH in Dortmund, Germany and the new stage will greatly exceed the |mean| + 3 sigma stitching specification of < 60 nm.  This stage qualified with a |mean| + 3 sigma value of 13 nm!

This replacement will help us eliminate the Write Field to Write Field Stitching errors caused by static Magnetic Fields sourced to components which became magnetized on the Stage in our SNF system.

The replacement piezo stage controls are still on order and will be replaced later in the summer, when they have finished factory qualifications.

WHEN:

Downtime Plan:

Thank you for your support!

James Conway