Subject: Comment raith SNF 2009-01-09 14:07:36: qualification completed
From: jwc@snf.stanford.edu
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 14:07:37 -0800

I completed the system qualification this afternoon.
Outstanding Ebeam resolution was achieved.  < 0.8 nm at 15 kV -- 1 - 1.2 nm at 10 kV.
5 mm WD
Stitching was less than 15 nm mean + 3 sigma.
Overlay registration was also supurb and remains to be measured using Ebeam scans.
Additional test patterns were written this afternoon which will be RIE etched and then
measured by SEM and AFM next week.
System has been handed off to Users in an optimal state and I am very pleased with the
Column PM routine result.  Lev Markov with RAITH FS did an excellent job adjusting the
Electron optical card amplifiers.
Tested system at 10 and 15 kV acceleration voltage and will test at higher voltages
next week as system access allows.
All Users are requested to bake out their samples before loadinng. 2 minutes at 90 degrees
C.
All Users are requested to not exceed 21 kV acceleration voltage until after I test
it next week to allow gun vacuum to reach mid to low E -010 Torr levels and for FE-GUN
emission to reach optimal values.
James Conway