Subject: Comment raith SNF 2009-07-22 17:03:50: NEED TO UPGRADE APPLICATION SW TO VERSION 5
From: jwc@snf.stanford.edu
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:03:51 -0700

NEED TO UPGRADE APPLICATION SW TO VERSION 5!!!
running into recurrent issues during metrology scans where I am encountering windows
OS to raith 150 .exe memory management conflicts.
after a image scan is completed, or more often when it fails, I loose my scan processor
firmware or memory array access from the application and I can not continue image acquisition
without restting all hardware and computer interfaces.  This results in about 45 to
60 minutes of lost session time as we reset and set up the entire job again if the project
was not saved before the crash.
This is a known bug that only occasionally arises and it has been resolved in version
5.0 SP 1
I have negotiated a discounted upgrade package but will need some funds (~30K  ON A
~100K PACKAGE COST) to complete the upgrade
This will be more urgent as moret users enter iunto learning and using the metrology
package to measure their samples, including the facatory acceptance testing for the
new JEOL tool where we plan to employ the RAITH to perform the measurements and not
reply on outside services.
James