Subject: RAITH IS BACK UP!! =>README.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:08:41 -0800

Greetings Raith Users:

The system has been returned to a usable state and the interfaces have
been tested. All Write Field alignment issues appear to be resolved.

   I determined that some buffer named Buffer 1 LUT (Look Up Table) on
the LEO side, presumably a table of gray scale values had been lost on
the system. (Never even heard of this buffer before!)
Was able to recover the file on a complete computer hardware reset and
all is normal again.

Image acquisition card and the ELPHY also were tested by injecting 0.2
to 2.0 Volt DC signal into the Image acquisition section of the ELPHY +
and found no problems on the RAITH side.

Let see how the next 24 hours goes...

For the aid to the users whom canceled or lost their session(s) due to
this downtime event since early AM Sunday -- I have removed my entire
reservation Queue on CORAL for this week and the overnight reservation
from 1300 WED. to 1500 Thursday (Thanksgiving) is now available.  All
users are requested to allow these users access this evening to make a
reservation in that time slot before everyone else grabs those
reservations which may remain Tuesday morning 6 AM onwards.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway

Re: Problem raith SNF 2004-11-21 08:34:58: Align Writefield
To the Raith-pcs clear list a few minutes ago:
I was able to get the system back up after injecting 2 volt signal into
the raith card.  Upon examining leolog.log I found Buffer 1 LUT had been
lost at 0400 hours Sunday morning.  recovered file on Reset of LEO
computer and all is now A-OK.

The system and WF alignment has been tested and Kab Qyu Youn is running
a test exposure to confirm everything is still as it should be normally.